Electricity with simple circuits is generally taught in standard 3 in schools but I always encourage kids ahead of their age and let them grasp as per their age. Early exposure is so important to keep them interested in new things and think big and out of the box.
What all you need:
– 3 craft sticks
– copper tape
– led light bulb
– CR2032 battery
1. Put a long strip from one end of the craft stick to the other.
2. On another craft, stick put two lines of the copper strip around like in the picture.
3. Take another craft stick and cut it to a bit bigger than the size of your battery.
4. Stick the two wire ends of the led to the two ends of your craft stick with copper tape.
5. Insert the cut craft stick in between and tape it all around.
6. Insert the battery and check if the light lights up by touching the small craft stick piece you just made on the top of the copper round. If not, tell your battery to check which side lights up.
7. Tape the small craft sticks like a switch and light it on.