Oats are a popular breakfast option for several Indian households. Oatmeal or porridge has been a part of almost everyone’s fond childhood memories. Oats are well-balanced in terms of nutrient composition, thus making them a very healthy option. They are a good source of protein in vegetarian diets, besides being highly rich in carbs and fiber.
Oats khichdi is one of the ways of including oats regularly in an Indian diet. Introduce this to the kids at 9 months of age. Similarly, you can incorporate oats with several food preparations to make wholesome, healthy snacks.
1. Put 1 teaspoon of ghee in a pan on low flame and roast the grinder oats.
2. Add water and let it cook for some time.
3. Add in cooked thick lentils/dal.
4. Once it’s a bit cooked take it off the flame and put aside
5. Now take another pan and add 1 teaspoon of ghee.
6. Add half chopped tomatoes and half an onion chopped. You can add any greens you like.
7. Add in the oats mixture and put salt as per taste.
8. Serve warm!