Durga Puja is celebrated in remembrance of how Goddess Durga emerged victorious in a battle with the demons. It is said that the battle continued for nine nights and ten days.
Today we are working on a bow and arrow craft activity. The bow and arrow are the symbols of energy. It was gifted to the goddess by Lord Vayu and Lord Surya.
What you need:
- 5 long, thin sticks
- 4 toothpicks
- Colorful tape
- Craft thread
- Thick sheet/ glitter paper
- Take 2 sticks and attach them at the ends. Now attach 2 toothpicks at one of the ends. Repeat this with the other 2 sticks.
- Now attach these 2 pairs of sticks on those ends with the toothpic
- Take a craft thread and tie it to the free ends of the sticks.
- For the arrow, take another stick and glue on a triangle cut out from the thick sheet. Attach the feather at the opposite end.
This craft is super fun and easy for the younger ones to follow!
This bow and arrow functions much like any other. All you need to do is, demonstrate how to use it!