If you have many crayons like me. You should get a few out and give them to your child to sharpen. The sharpener can be given to kids ages 3 and a half years with adult supervision or even at 3 but always supervised by an adult. Sharpening is an excellent tool to improve wrist control, hand-eye coordination, and motor skills. And kids need to have all these controls when they are learning life skills and writing. To go a step further you can read about morpho and other types of butterflies and educate your little ones while doing the craft.
What all you need:
- Parchment Sheet
1. Take a white sheet and cut it out in a butterfly shape.
2. Start sharpening crayons. Try different colors to make your butterfly look colorful and beautiful.
3. Fill the butterfly cut out with the sharpened crayons.
4. When your butterfly looks filled in, fold over the paper in half.
5. Place a piece of parchment paper over the folded butterfly and iron to melt the crayons. It will take not more than a few seconds. Keep kids away from iron and you do it.
6. Hang the butterflies anywhere you want to.