Learning about butterflies is quite interesting as their lifecycle certainly intrigues the young minds.
We turned this into a practical based learning activity!
What you need:
- A long woollen thread with a needle attached
- Googly eyes, colored sheet, toothpick to decorate
1. Cut out the cardboard into small circles and paint them. Create holes at the center thick enough for the needle to pass through. Now mark the circles, starting from 1.
2. Lace the circles in an ascending order
3. Attach the eyes, the mouth and antenna
This fun activity is simple enough for the young ones to follow and has so much to teach!
It will help develop motor skills as well as promote number recognition!